Frequently Asked Questions
kohlpharma operates as a contract manufacturer and service provider for the pharmaceutical industry, pharmaceutical wholesale, and also for pharmacies, hospitals and doctors’ surgeries.
kohlpharma offers its customers an individual full service in the secondary packaging of pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
Our services include:
- Artwork and creation of templates for the relevant printing processes (in-house)
- Printing the required components, such as package leaflets (in-house), full colour labels (in-house), folding boxes and inserts
- Procurement of required components with special characteristics (e.g. PP foil for vials, braille labels, security labels, etc.)
- Relabelling of primary and secondary packaging
- Additional packaging or repackaging
- Processing and applying serialisation information (2D-Code) in accordance with the applicable FMD guidelines
- Storage and pharma logistics
In order to procure export pharmaceuticals and medical devices from kohlpharma, a valid national wholesale distribution authorisation (WDA) is required. For example, holders of a WDA could be pharmaceutical wholesalers, pharmacies, hospital pharmacies or medical device wholesalers.
kohlpharma exports pharmaceuticals and medical devices to its partners not only within the EU but worldwide.
kohlpharma sources its pharmaceuticals and medical devices for export exclusively from carefully selected German pharmaceutical wholesalers.
kohlpharma exports standard pharmaceuticals, chilled pharmaceuticals, cold chain pharmaceuticals, narcotics, blood products, cytostatic drugs, veterinary medicines and medical devices.
kohlpharma is based in the border triangle between France, Luxembourg and Germany in the city of Merzig in Saarland. This ideal location in the centre of Europe provides kohlpharma with perfect traffic connections. This site in the heart of Europe is where all our outsourcing services are performed: secondary packaging, repackaging and pharma logistics.
kohlpharma has been dealing with pharmaceutical preparations and medical devices since 1979. The secondary packaging of pharmaceuticals and medical devices has always been part of its core business of importing from the EU.
Based on its wholesale distribution authorisation, kohlpharma can offer the export of German original pharmaceuticals and medical devices. In addition, kohlpharma can provide outsourcing services in the form of contract manufacturing and repackaging in the areas of secondary packaging of pharmaceuticals and medical devices.